Looking for a Plumbing, Heating Cooling Professional? You’re in the right place. PHCC Members are the cream of the crop, they care enough about their business to belong to the PHCC. They are business owners who employ professional mechanics and technicians. They are guided by honesty and integrity, use the latest technology, promote energy and water conservation, and obey all health and safety laws.
The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) of San Francisco have has been an an advocate for plumbing, heating and cooling contractors since 1883. More About Our History.
As the oldest trade organization in the construction industry, approximately 3,700 members nationwide put their faith in the association’s efforts to:
- Lobby local, state and federal government,
- Provide forums for networking and educational programs:
- Deliver the highest quality of products and services.
Board of Directors 2019
Executive Director: Brooke Nizuk
President: Anthony Caccia
Vice President: George Salet
Treasurer/Secretary: Kevin Gray
Directors: Maria Park & Fergal McMahon
Social Member Director: Spencer Freidenrich
Past President: Chris Goodwin
What We Stand For and How We Operate
The PHCC’s mission statement is the guiding principle of the association.
PHCC is dedicated to the promotion, advancement, education and training of the industry
for the protection of our environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Our members are guided by the principles of honesty and integrity and follow
the highest ethical standards in the industry.
How We Got Started
During the 1880s, the transition from outhouses to indoor plumbing was moving at a rapid pace, starting with better homes and commercial buildings. The burgeoning market for indoor plumbing spurred some gasfitters and other metal workers to specialize in this work.
The true craftsmen sought ways to distinguish those who knew what they were doing from those who didn’t. In 1882, a group of these new tradesmen in New York City banded together to form the Master Plumbers Association of New York Shortly afterward, a like-minded group joined forces in Brooklyn.
In 1883, the 125 members of the New York group formed the National Association of Master Plumbers (NAMP) to provide the public with a complete, safe and sanitary plumbing system. The NAMP was the forerunner of the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (NAPHCC), which later became the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors National Association (PHCC).
For detailed histories of PHCC and the PHCC Auxiliary, check out these publications:
A Heritage Unique, published by the PHCC Educational Foundation
A Partnership Unique, published by the PHCC Auxiliary
PHCC Celebrates 125 Years, published by Business News Publishing
How We Serve Members
- The business-building benefits of PHCC membership are guaranteed to improve your bottom line!
- The PHCC Educational Foundation—a partnership of contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers strives to:
- Attract new talent to the industry
- Promote customer-focused service
- Leverage technology to improve contractor performance
- Offer business education and training for contractors and employees
How Our Leadership Serves You
The members of the PHCC of San Francisco Board of Directors are your trusted stewards and are committed to carrying out the association’s mission on your behalf.
PHCC Antitrust Statement
The purpose of this organization is to promote the business of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors—National Association (PHCC). The PHCC, the association, includes the enhanced service groups (Construction Contractors’ Alliance, Quality Service Contractors and Union-Affiliated Contractors), the PHCC National Auxiliary, Association Executives Council and the PHCC Educational Foundation.
The PHCC is not intended to, and may not, play any role in the competitive decisions of its members nor in any way may it restrict competition. Antitrust compliance is the responsibility of every member of the association. The following rules are applicable to all association activities. They apply to all activities of the association, as well as all oral and written communications, including e-mails
No association meeting, committee, or activity will be used to bring about an agreement, whether formal or informal, among competitors with regard to prices, terms or condition of sale, sales and promotions, distribution, volume of production, territories, or customers.
No association meeting, committee, or activity will include any discussion whatsoever of actual prices, costs, or any other terms of competition. No information on such subjects will be exchanged or discussed without prior approval of counsel.
No association meeting, committee, or activity will include any discussion that might be construed as an attempt to prevent any business entity from gaining access to any market or customer for goods or services, or to prevent any business entity from obtaining a supply of goods or otherwise purchasing goods or services freely in the market.
All members are expected to comply with these standards in informal discussions at the site of any association meeting.
Interested in joining the PHCC of San Francisco?
Still Not Convinced? Here are some of the benefits you will experience by being member of the PHCC of San Francisco.
PHCC Member Benefits
- You will match the membership status of your competitors
- You will boost your profits
- You will expand your business
- You will have a voice in goverment
- You will have access to more industry information
- You will improve your image
- You will have access to good employees
- You will save Money
They represent many fields in the PHCC industry: including air conditioning, heating-warm air, backflow, plumbing, process-piping, refrigeration, fire sprinkler, sheet metal and ventilation. No matter what your specialty, you’ll find a PHCC member company that’s similar to yours.
When you join the PHCC, you become part of a federation,which is made up of local and state associations and the national association in suburban Washington, D.C. The federation structure serves your local, state and national needs.
PHCC membership is an investment in your company’s future.
Local Chapter Benefits
- Monthly Membership Meetings: Dinner and guest speakers discuss current industry issues with fellow contractors
- Four-year Training Program: Potential technicians learn about the codes and requirements to
make your business more profitable.
- Free Monthly Seminars for Employees: Your employees will learn about products and codes, which will help bring a more professional level to your business.
- Referral System: Customers are referred by members to each other. Have your name put on the referral card indicating your strong areas of expertise.
- Social Events: Attend the annual fishing trip and social events throughout the year. where you can unwind and get to know your fellow contractors.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Exclusively for PHCC members, scholarships are available to help ease the burden of education costs.
- Co-op Advertising
State Chapter Benefits
- Government relations
- Licensing assistance
- Information newsletter andbulletins
- Insurance programs (health, dental, life.and liability)
- Conventions, conferences and trade shows
- Journeyman certification and UPC Code update classes
- Consumer awareness efforts to fight the threat of unlicensed construction activity
National Chapter Benefits
- Participation in fighting unfair utility competition
- Safeguarding contractors rights regarding IRS regulations, small business tax relief and safety regulation
- Business and management seminars
- Extended warranty and consumer financing programs
- PHCC professional product line which provides you with access to marketing and consumer awareness materials, better warranties and a contractor referral service
- Networking opportunitiesto share ideas
- ADP employee selection and screening
- Certification initiatives with NATE-Secure One warranty program
Plumbing – Heating – Cooling Contractors of San Francisco Serves The Bay Area
224 12th St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
170 S. Spruce Ave
South San Francisco, CA 94080
611 Industrial Rd # 8
San Carlos, CA 94070
2000 McKinnon Ave
Building 417, Unit 20
San Francisco, CA 94124
23 San Bruno Ave
4200 Califronia Street #111
San Francisco CA 94118
78 Dorman Avenue
San Francisco CA 94124
2045 Oakdale Ave
San Francisco CA 94124
1127 Mission Street
San Francisco CA 94103
1015 Rio Vista Drive
Pacifica CA 94044
200 Valley Drive, #51
Brisbane CA 94005
917 No. Amphlett Blvd.
San Mateo CA 94401
Susie & Jerry Hotarek
San Francisco CA 94110
Kevin Kavanaugh II /Matthew Cahill
115 Quint Street, Unit 5D
San Francisco CA 94124
San Francisco CA 94116
307 N Amphlett Blvd
San Mateo CA 94401
SF PHCC Calendar